Pharos Energy Extends Licenses for Two Vietnamese Gas Fields

Thursday, December 26, 2024

UK-based oil and gas explorer Pharos Energy said its two joint ventures in Vietnam have received local government approval to extend their licenses by five years to the early 2030s.

The Te Giac Trang (TGT) field, operated by the Hoang Long Joint Operating Company, will be allowed to operate until Dec. 7, 2031, Pharos said in a statement. TGT is located in Block 16-1 of the Cuu Long Basin in offshore Vietnam and the licence had been set to expire in December 2026.

The Ca Ngu Vang (CNV) field, located in Block 9-2 and operated by Hoan Vu Joint Operating Company, will have its licence extended until December 15, 2032 from December 2027, Pharos said.

As a result of the extensions, the TGT field will begin drilling an appraisal well in the fourth quarter of 2025, and both fields may drill additional infill wells, it added.

The extensions will increase proven and probable reserves at both fields by about 10% by the end of this year, Pharos said.

Pharos' working interest in Block 16-1 (TGT) will fall to 25.33% from Dec. 8, 2026, from 30.5% currently, and its interest in the CNV field to 20% from Dec. 16, 2027, from the current 25%, the company said.

State firms PetroVietnam and Thailand's PTTEP are among Pharos' partners in the fields.


(Reuters - Reporting by Gabrielle Ng; Editing by Florence Tan and Kirsten Donovan)

Categories: Industry News Activity Asia Oil and Gas

Related Stories

Fugro Secures India Deepwater Drilling ROV Contract

FPSO for Azule Energy’s Angola Offshore Field Starts Taking Shape in China

Keppel Launches $2.9B Program to Monetize Legacy Offshore Drilling Rigs

Saipem Cuts Earnings Outlook as Middle East Costs Rise

Eni-Petronas JV Starts Indonesia-Bound FPSO Construction

QatarEnergy Prolongs LNG Force Majeure, Charters Out Tankers

Chevron Enlists Velesto’s Jack-Up Rig for Drilling Job off Malaysia

Oil Rises on Dual Shipping Threat in Hormuz and Red Sea

Velesto Frees Up Drilling Rig After Early Contract Termination off Indonesia

Sunda Energy Applies for Exploration Permit Offshore New Zealand

Current News

TenneT Completes Drilling, Installation of Protective Conduits for Wind Farms

ConocoPhillips, CNOOC Put Penglai Field off China Into Full Operation

Mermaid Maritime Expands Into US Offshore Market

ONGC Nears Venezuela Operatorship Deals, Regains Russia’s Sakhalin-1 Stake

Fugro Secures India Deepwater Drilling ROV Contract

Vantris Energy Secures Petronas’ Offshore Drilling Work Orders

ADNOC, SLB Roll Out AI Platform Across More Than 120 Drilling Rigs

Oil Rises as Uncertainty Clouds US-Iran Peace Talks

India’s ONGC to Allocate Half of New Oil Storage to Strategic Reserves

Subsea7 Lands ‘Sizeable’ Contract for Work Offshore Brunei

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com