Rosneft to Cut Salaries at Central Office

Vladimir Soldatkin
Friday, July 31, 2020

Rosneft, Russia's largest oil producer, will cut salaries at its central office by a quarter following a decision to reduce the working hours due to the fallout from the coronavirus, Kommersant daily reported on Friday.

The newspaper, citing unnamed sources, said the cuts will be implemented from Oct. 1 when the working hours will be reduced to six per day.

Rosneft said earlier this week that the working hours would not be reduced for those who are engaged in production, while 84% of its employees at the central office are still working from home as a measure to combat the virus.

The newspaper believes the measure to reduce salaries would allow the company to cut costs by between 4 billion roubles and 5 billion roubles per year ($54.7 million - $68.4 million).

Rosneft did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

Russia reported 5,509 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Thursday, pushing its national tally to 834,499, the world's fourth-largest caseload.

($1 = 73.1079 roubles)

 (Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin Editing by Shri Navaratnam)

Categories: People & Company News Russia Industry News Activity

Related Stories

MISC Secures Long-Term Charter for Papua New Guinea's First FSO

Mubadala Hires SLB for Deepwater Drilling Services Offshore Indonesia

Malaysia Offers Nine Exploration Blocks in 2026 Bid Round

Japan’s JERA Agrees Long-Term LNG Supply from Middle East

Eni Enlists Shearwater for 3D Seismic Survey in Timor Sea

Conrad, Empyrean Agree Settlement Framework Over Duyung PSC Interests

Australia and Timor-Leste Push to Advance Greater Sunrise Gas Field

Inpex Moves to Accelerate Indonesia’s Abadi LNG Project

Turkish Petroleum, Chevron Discuss Joint Oil and Gas Exploration

Samos Energy Buys Suksan Salamander FSO from Altera Infrastructure

Current News

MISC Secures Long-Term Charter for Papua New Guinea's First FSO

Dolphin Drilling, Vantris Ink Marketing Deal for Blackford Dolphin Semi-Sub

Saipem Agrees $272M Deal to Acquire Deep Value Driller Drillship

DUG Hooks Multi-Client Seismic Reprocessing Survey off Malaysia

MISC, PTSC Extend Ruby II FPSO Operations Offshore Vietnam

Petronas Takes Operatorship of Oman’s Offshore Block 18

Mubadala Hires SLB for Deepwater Drilling Services Offshore Indonesia

Malaysia Offers Nine Exploration Blocks in 2026 Bid Round

Seatrium Unit Launches Arbitration Against Petrobras over FPSO Contract

Transocean-Valaris Tie-Up to Create $17B Offshore Drilling Major with 73 Rigs

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com