LogIn LogOut

MODEC, Toyo to Form Engineering JV for Large-Scale FPSOs

August 8, 2022

Credit: MODEC (File Photo)
Credit: MODEC (File Photo)

FPSO leasing specialist MODEC and Toyo Engineering Corporation have executed a deal to form a joint venture company for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) business of FPSO vessels. 

The establishment of the joint venture company, to be named Offshore Frontier Solutions and based in Singapore, is subject to obtaining official permits and approvals from relevant authorities.

MODEC said the move would boost its engineering and project management capabilities to meet clients’ requirements and expectations and help develop environmentally-friendly technologies for next-generation FPSOs.

"For the past 15 years, MODEC has been collaborating with TOYO, which boasts a robust track record as a global engineering group, on the topside EPC scopes for several FPSO projects. 

"Through the establishment of the joint venture company, MODEC and TOYO will further deepen the form of collaboration and jointly strengthen the engineering and project management capabilities in order to carry

out the challenging large-scale FPSO projects, and the two companies jointly aim to strengthen the technological capabilities and competitiveness in the FPSO industry," MODEC said.

MODEC will own 65% of the JV, with TOYO owning the remaining 35%



Current News

Australia Rules Out Curbs on LNG Exports after Producer Deal

Australia Rules Out Curbs on LNG Exports after Producer Deal

Maersk Training, NaMICPA to Set Up GWO Training Center in Nagasaki

Maersk Training, NaMICPA to Set Up GWO Training Center in Nagasaki

Petrofac Hires AHTS to Assist with Northern Endeavour FPSO Disconnection

Petrofac Hires AHTS to Assist with Northern Endeavour FPSO Disconnection

GMS Nets 22-Month Contract for One of Its Jack-up Units

GMS Nets 22-Month Contract for One of Its Jack-up Units

Taiya Renewable Energy, BW Ideol in Floating Wind Pact

Taiya Renewable Energy, BW Ideol in Floating Wind Pact

Uniwise Offshore Boosts OSV Fleet Cyber-Security with Inmarsat's Fleet Secure UTM

Uniwise Offshore Boosts OSV Fleet Cyber-Security with Inmarsat's Fleet Secure UTM

Australia - a Land of Promise and Hurdles for Offshore Wind Developers

Australia - a Land of Promise and Hurdles for Offshore Wind Developers
photo

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com