LogIn LogOut

South Korea's Posco Acquires Offshore Block in Malaysia

November 1, 2021

Illustration  - Credit: wanfahmy/AdobeStock
Illustration - Credit: wanfahmy/AdobeStock

South Korea's Posco and Malaysia's Petronas Carigali have been awarded a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for Block PM524, offshore Malaysia.

Posco is the operator with an 80 percent stake and Petronas Carigali, a subsidiary of Petronas holds the remaining 20 percent.  

According to Petronas, Block  PM524  is located in the prolific area of the Malay Basin, surrounded by several key producing fields including Tangga Barat that supply gas to the Peninsular Malaysia market.    

Senior Vice President of Malaysia Petroleum Management Mohamed Firouz Asnan said: “We welcome Posco International to Malaysia’s upstream oil and gas industry, and as a new player in Malaysia, they bring their experiences of operating gas fields in other parts of

this region, including the technological development of Carbon Capture and Storage.

“This award further reinforces Malaysia’s attractiveness as a destination for companies seeking to grow their energy portfolio and thrive in the energy transition.  Under our right asset,  right player strategy, supported by a  progressive fiscal regime,  we hope to fully maximize the long-term value of the hydrocarbon resources in Malaysia, especially in Peninsular Malaysia where the demand is expected to increase,” he said.



Current News

DSME Orders GTT Tanks for MOL LNG Carrier Quartet

DSME Orders GTT Tanks for MOL LNG Carrier Quartet

Report: Halliburton Offers to Buy Exxon's Stake in Iraq's West Qurna 1 Oilfield

Report: Halliburton Offers to Buy Exxon's Stake in Iraq's West Qurna 1 Oilfield

UAE's ADNOC to Invest $127B in 2022-26 as Oil, Gas Reserves Rise

UAE's ADNOC to Invest $127B in 2022-26 as Oil, Gas Reserves Rise

China's SPIC Connects New Offshore Wind Farms to National Grid

China's SPIC Connects New Offshore Wind Farms to National Grid

Hi-Float: Hyundai Heavy Gets BV AiP for Floating Wind Turbine Foundation

Hi-Float: Hyundai Heavy Gets BV AiP for Floating Wind Turbine Foundation

Carnarvon to Spud Buffalo-10 Well in Timor Sea in December

Carnarvon to Spud Buffalo-10 Well in Timor Sea in December

Keppel, Ørsted in Offshore Substation Pact

Keppel, Ørsted in Offshore Substation Pact
photo

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com