GMS Fleet Utilization at 2015 High as More Middle East Work Secured

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Gulf Marine Services PLC (GMS), a UAE-bases supplier of offshore jack-up service units, has won a seven-month contract for one of its E-Class (large) vessels, and an extension for a smaller unit.

Under the 7-month contract which also includes extension options, GMS will provide support for offshore activities on behalf of a Middle East client, the company said Tuesday.

The vessel will be mobilized for the start of operations during the summer of 2020. 

GMS has also secured a two-month contract extension of a K Class (small) vessel, also for a Middle Eastern-based client.  

"This increases the total GMS fleet utilization to 82% for 2020.  The last time the GMS fleet operated at these levels of utilization was in 2015 on a calendar year basis," GMS says.

"Year to date performance remains ahead of the Business Plan, with April actuals now in.  The order book continues to be built, and fleet utilization for 2020 is now at 82% with a further 53% of the fleet secure for 2021.  Contract rates reflect current market conditions and remain within our expectations," the company added.

COVID-19 on two units

GMS said it was making progress with cost cuts, with further reductions onshore and offshore, where reductions of 6% in the offshore organization through crewing efficiencies have been achieved so far this year.  This is in addition to a 22% reduction in the onshore organization through headcount reductions achieved in the first quarter, it said.

Onshore staff continues to work remotely, and no material interruptions in the supply chain have been incurred, the company said.

GMS said that of the two vessels with reported COVID-19 cases, one has remobilized to the field already following crew testing and deep-cleaning, and the other is preparing to remobilize. 

GMS did not say when the Covid-19 cases had been confirmed, nor where.

Guidance for 2020 ($57-62 million EBITDA), previously issued on January 16, and confirmed on May 7 is reconfirmed.

Tim Summers, Executive Chairman, said "Despite challenging conditions in the upstream energy industry, the Company is trading successfully. Our continued focus on cost reduction, and improving the efficiency of our operations, underpins our ability to win business and compete strongly."

Categories: Energy Vessels Middle East Offshore Energy Industry News Activity Rigs

Related Stories

Norway O&G Revenue Forecast Jumps 30% for '26

FOS Picks Incat Crowther to Design Fast CTV Fleet for Shell’s Brunei Ops

Oil Prices Edge Higher Amid Uncertainty Over Iran Deal

Gulf Marine Services Profit Plunges After Gulf Vessel Evacuations

Middle East Conflict Jolts Offshore Drilling Market

Middle East Producers Gear Up for Hormuz Export Restart

France Leads 15-Country Effort to Reopen Strait of Hormuz

India Resumes Iranian Oil Imports After Seven-Year Hiatus

Asian Buyers Rush for Russian Oil Amid Supply Disruption

Arabian Drilling Flags Temporary Offshore Rig Suspensions in Persian Gulf

Current News

Wison Starts Topsides Fabrication for Türkiye’s Sakarya Deepwater FPU

Oil Prices Ease as US Holds Off Renewed Strikes Against Iran

Velesto Secures Malaysia Drilling Deal with Hibiscus

Yinson Production, PTSC Raise Over $130M for Vietnam’s Block B FSO

Oil Climbs Above $110 After Gulf Drone Attacks Raise Supply Fears

Global Businesses Face Mounting $25 Billion Fallout From Iran War

ScioSense Launches UFC23 Ultrasonic Flow Converter for High-Precision, Ultra-Low-Power Smart Metering

Inpex Expands Australia Gas Portfolio with Browse Minority Stake Deal

UAE Speeds Up Pipeline Project to Help Bypass Hormuz

PV Drilling Secures Jack-Up Rig Deal from Zarubezhneft off Vietnam

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com