Total Oil Workers in N. Sea Accept Pay Offer, Cancel Future Strikes

Posted by Michelle Howard
Wednesday, September 26, 2018

* The UK's largest union Unite the Union said that offshore oil workers at three of Total's North Sea platforms had accepted a pay offer from the company

* The workers have called off future strikes, a union statement said

* The workers went on a series of 12 and 24-hour strikes in July and August, stopping production at the Alwyn, Dunbar and Elgin platforms

* At issue was a rota shift change to three weeks on the platform versus two weeks previously

* The workers accepted a mean basic headline pay increase of 15 pct plus substantial retention bonuses as compensation for the change

* Total wanted to increase the working time offshore to match the routine at the oilfields it acquired when it bought Maersk Oil

Reporting By Julia Payne


Categories: Offshore Energy

Related Stories

TenneT Completes Drilling, Installation of Protective Conduits for Wind Farms

ConocoPhillips, CNOOC Put Penglai Field off China Into Full Operation

ADNOC, SLB Roll Out AI Platform Across More Than 120 Drilling Rigs

Oil Eases After Topping $100, Still Set for Weekly Rise

BP Moves Indonesia CCUS Project Into Offshore Installation Phase

Energean Lifts Karish Fields FPSO Oil Processing Capacity

Oil Rises on Dual Shipping Threat in Hormuz and Red Sea

ADNOC Approves $6.2B Offshore Umm Shaif Gas Project

Jadestone Energy Lifts Malaysia Production with Second Online Well

TGS Books 3D Streamer Seismic Job in Africa and Middle East region

Current News

TenneT Completes Drilling, Installation of Protective Conduits for Wind Farms

ConocoPhillips, CNOOC Put Penglai Field off China Into Full Operation

Mermaid Maritime Expands Into US Offshore Market

ONGC Nears Venezuela Operatorship Deals, Regains Russia’s Sakhalin-1 Stake

Fugro Secures India Deepwater Drilling ROV Contract

Vantris Energy Secures Petronas’ Offshore Drilling Work Orders

ADNOC, SLB Roll Out AI Platform Across More Than 120 Drilling Rigs

Oil Rises as Uncertainty Clouds US-Iran Peace Talks

India’s ONGC to Allocate Half of New Oil Storage to Strategic Reserves

Subsea7 Lands ‘Sizeable’ Contract for Work Offshore Brunei

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com