UK's Well-Safe Solutions Eyes Lucrative Australian Offshore Decommissioning Market

Thursday, July 20, 2023

1UK-based offshore well plug and abandonment company Well-Safe Solutions, best known for its services in the UK North Sea, is expanding into the Asia Pacific region with the appointment of Massimo Delia as General Manager of newly-created Well-Safe Solutions Pty Ltd.

Delia, based in Perth, Western Australia, joins Well-Safe Solutions with over 20 years of subsea commercial and engineering experience in a variety of strategic and managerial positions.

Well-Safe Solutions has cited Centre of Decommissioning Australia's (CODA's) initial assessment of Australia’s offshore oil and gas decommissioning liability, which has identified more than A$50bn of work ahead – with well plug and abandonment and pipeline removal the majority of estimated spend.

This includes the abandonment of over 1,000 offshore wells, in addition to a significant onshore decommissioning market.

Delia said: “I have watched Well-Safe Solutions go from strength to strength in Europe, with the growth of its Subsurface and Well Engineering team capabilities and the mobilization of all three well plug and abandonment assets for the first time in the company’s history just some of the recent highlights.

Massimo Delia  -  Well-Safe Solutions

“I am eager to play my part in the next chapter of the company’s growth and look forward to collaborating with my colleagues, clients and stakeholders in the UK and Australia.”

Phil Milton, Chief Executive Officer of Well-Safe Solutions, added: “Working in tandem with the wider Well-Safe Solutions team, Massimo will be instrumental in leveraging our capabilities and track record to partner with operators and stakeholders throughout Australia and Asia.

“We’re looking forward to undertaking offshore and onshore well decommissioning projects with the input of the highly experienced engineering sector and supply chain already present within the region.

“Massimo’s appointment is a reflection of Well-Safe Solutions’ ambitious growth strategy. Well-Safe Solutions is the first Tier 1 company to offer the complete well plug and abandonment capability under one roof – from front-end engineering and design, through to project delivery, specialist engineering support, and close out.”

"With over 400 wells worldwide featuring Well-Safe Solutions’ engineering expertise and 70+ wells either decommissioned or to be decommissioned by the business in the North Sea alone, the company is well-placed to deliver on its mission to provide safe, efficient and collaborative well plug and abandonment operations," Well-Safe Solutions said.

Earlier in 2023, Well-Safe Solutions announced that all three well P&A assets - the Well-Safe Guardian, Well-Safe Protector, and Well-Safe Defender – were all committed to firm contracts before options until at least mid-2024.

Categories: Energy Industry News Activity Decommissioning Plugging and Abandonment

Related Stories

ONGC Nears Venezuela Operatorship Deals, Regains Russia’s Sakhalin-1 Stake

Fugro Secures India Deepwater Drilling ROV Contract

FPSO for Azule Energy’s Angola Offshore Field Starts Taking Shape in China

Keppel Launches $2.9B Program to Monetize Legacy Offshore Drilling Rigs

Oil Eases After Topping $100, Still Set for Weekly Rise

Eni-Petronas JV Starts Indonesia-Bound FPSO Construction

Energean Lifts Karish Fields FPSO Oil Processing Capacity

James Fisher, Aquaterra Launch Global Decommissioning Partnership

Sunda Reviews Timor-Leste Appraisal Plans as New Zealand Deal Advances

Markets: Oil Majors Reload Exploration Hoppers Across Sub-Saharan Africa

Current News

ConocoPhillips, CNOOC Put Penglai Field off China Into Full Operation

Mermaid Maritime Expands Into US Offshore Market

ONGC Nears Venezuela Operatorship Deals, Regains Russia’s Sakhalin-1 Stake

Fugro Secures India Deepwater Drilling ROV Contract

Vantris Energy Secures Petronas’ Offshore Drilling Work Orders

ADNOC, SLB Roll Out AI Platform Across More Than 120 Drilling Rigs

Oil Rises as Uncertainty Clouds US-Iran Peace Talks

India’s ONGC to Allocate Half of New Oil Storage to Strategic Reserves

Subsea7 Lands ‘Sizeable’ Contract for Work Offshore Brunei

FPSO for Azule Energy’s Angola Offshore Field Starts Taking Shape in China

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com