Solstad Nabs More Work for Offshore Vessel Trio in Australia

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Norwegian offshore vessel owner Solstad Offshore has secured more work for three of its offshore vessels in Australia, following a recently announced deal with BP.

As previously reported, Solstad offshore earlier in August said BP would use two anchor handling tug and supply vessels Normand Saracen and Far Senator, along with the platform supply vessel Normand Leader to support its Ironbark drilling campaign. The vessels are expected to start their BP work in the fourth quarter of 2020.

The Solstad vessel trio is now expected to stay in Australia throughout 2021 as the company on Tuesday said it had won more work for the vessels with an undisclosed oil company.

"Solstad Offshore ASA is pleased to confirm that the AHTS Normand Saracen, AHTS Far Senator and dual fuel powered PSV Normand Leader will continue operations in Australia during 2021," the company said.

"After the previously announced contract with BP [...] the three vessels will provide support to a major drilling campaign offshore North Western Australia from Q2 2021 for approximately 7.5 months with optional periods thereafter," Solstad added.

Solstad said that during the campaign the vessels will operate in connection with a moored semi-submersible drilling rig, with the base port being Dampier.

Categories: Offshore Vessels Drilling Australia/NZ

Related Stories

Northern Offshore’s Energy Emerger Rig Up for Drilling Job off Oman

Woodside to Supply LNG to JERA During Japan's Winter Peak

Thailand's Gulf Energy Eyes Long-Term LNG Supply

Murphy Oil Appraisal Well Boosts Resource Outlook at Field off Vietnam

Petrovietnam Agrees First-Ever LNG Term Deal with Shell

PV Drilling’s Jack-Up Rig Returns to Asia Ahead of April Drilling Ops

ADES Nets $63M Contract for Compact Driller Jack-Up off Brunei

Blackford Dolphin Semi-Sub to Keep Drilling Offshore India

SED Energy’s GHTH Rig Kicks Off Ops for PTTEP

Seatrium Maintains $12.8B Order Book on Renewables and FPSO Progress

Current News

MISC Secures Long-Term Charter for Papua New Guinea's First FSO

Dolphin Drilling, Vantris Ink Marketing Deal for Blackford Dolphin Semi-Sub

Saipem Agrees $272M Deal to Acquire Deep Value Driller Drillship

DUG Hooks Multi-Client Seismic Reprocessing Survey off Malaysia

MISC, PTSC Extend Ruby II FPSO Operations Offshore Vietnam

Petronas Takes Operatorship of Oman’s Offshore Block 18

Mubadala Hires SLB for Deepwater Drilling Services Offshore Indonesia

Malaysia Offers Nine Exploration Blocks in 2026 Bid Round

Seatrium Unit Launches Arbitration Against Petrobras over FPSO Contract

Transocean-Valaris Tie-Up to Create $17B Offshore Drilling Major with 73 Rigs

Subscribe for AOG Digital E‑News

AOG Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

https://accounts.newwavemedia.com